YouTube IP Hijacking

Tomas L. Byrnes tomb at byrneit.net
Mon Feb 25 00:36:32 UTC 2008

I'm sure we can all find a list of "critical infrastructure" ASes that
could be trusted to peer via the "high priority" AS. I'd say that the
criteria should be:

1: Hosted at a Tier 1 provider.

2: Within a jurisdiction where North American operators have a good
chance of having the law on their side in case of any network outage
caused by the entity.

3: Considered highly competent technically.

4: With state of the art security and operations.

OTOH: I would say that, until today, those who advocate not engaging in
any kind of ethnic or political profiling would have considered 17557,
as a national telco, a trusted route source.