Power Fun at 151 Front Street, Toronto

Joe Abley jabley at ca.afilias.info
Sat Feb 23 16:24:24 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Today is Diesel Day at 151 Front Street, where the building owner
shuts down all grid power to allow intrusive power maintenance to
happen, and the building is fed by generator power only.

At least one suite on the 6th floor has been affected by a generator
failure, so far.

Just thought I'd pass on the news, in case there's anybody here who is
scratching their heads about equipment or sessions down in Toronto
which seem to have no rational cause. Most ISPs in the building (and
the TorIX) have engineers on-site; if you have equipment located there
which needs some TLC and you have no immediate/regular access to
remote hands, let me know off-list and I'll try to put you in touch
with someone who has appropriate access: I'm not on-site, but I have
phone numbers for people who are.

Joe