Interpersonal skills needed for Network Engineers

R. Irving rirving at antient.org
Sat Feb 16 23:28:54 UTC 2008

Kim Onnel wrote:
 <snip>

>> In my humble experience, i have came across people that i just feel
>> they are
>> not right for such technical jobs, people would act and take their
>> golden
>> fingers to the devices without logic and others who has more of a
>> structured
>> approach to solving problems and thinking, some that will crank under
>> pressure and just loose it and others who will act rationally.
The Executive Summary:

You know those techs that are easy to understand,
and communicate so effectively,
 almost alway seeing things your way ?

Those are the sycophants, Jungian type "E's".

You know those techs that always seem to
be talking over your head, and telling you things
don't work the way you think, always screaming caution ?

Those are you *real* techs, Jungian type "I".

Why can't most managers figure this out ?

See:  Alpha Male Syndrome, by our friends at Monster.com
(Kate Ludeman, PhD, and Eddie Erlandson, MD)

http://www.alphamalesyndrome.com/

  :-P

</noise><signal>