Interpersonal skills needed for Network Engineers

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 20:36:25 UTC 2008

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for defining what are skills needed in people that will work in
an ISP's operational/NOC environment as Network Engineers.

In my humble experience, i have came across people that i just feel they are
not right for such technical jobs, people would act and take their golden
fingers to the devices without logic and others who has more of a structured
approach to solving problems and thinking, some that will crank under
pressure and just loose it and others who will act rationally.

Please correct me if i am wrong and if you believe such skills could be
gained by time/training?

Maybe the above doesnt really need to be there for others in the
development/engineering departments where more of studying and analysis
skills are required, please correct me if i am wrong.

Private msg me if needed.

Thanks,
Kim