photo: transatlantic cables coming ashore

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Sat Feb 9 00:01:28 UTC 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 3:38 PM, Sean Donelan <sean at donelan.com> wrote:
> Do you think the US Embassy in Moscow really trusts the Moscow telephone company?

No, but I do wonder if they open a ticket with them when the lines go
down. ;-)

Btw, armored cars are utilized to transport $$, and people expect
every last penny to arrive at it's destination.  Communications is
different, nobody is wedded to 100% availability.  It's a "goal", but
not a reality (outside of marketing speak, that is).  A little loss
here, a little loss there... who really really cares, at least until
an anchor is involved.

-Jim P.