FW: [menog] FLAG Cable Cut - Update

Barry Greene (bgreene) bgreene at cisco.com
Tue Feb 5 11:11:53 UTC 2008

[Reposted with author's permission.]

+ Notice that there are more issues than what is reported in the
popular press.
+ Notice that there are issues with more submarine systems (APCN),
but they are not "news."

As has been pointed out before, there are always issues with
submarine systems. That is why we have so many repair ships in the
global fleet:

http://www.iscpc.org/information/Cableships_1.htm
http://www.iscpc.org/information/Cableships_2.htm

http://www.flagtelecom.com/media/PDF_files/Submarine%20Cable%20Cut%20U