[admin] Re: Fourth cable damaged in Middle Eest (Qatar to UAE)

Eric Brunner-Williams brunner at nic-naa.net
Mon Feb 4 18:57:19 UTC 2008

Alex Pilosov wrote:
> This conversation is quickly spinning into discussion of politics and
> terrorism.
>
> Reminder to all, please stick to the *operational* aspects of this thread.
>
> -alex [NANOG MLC Chair]

Agreed.

In December of 2005, for reasons entirely personal, I read every paper
available at the Dudley Knox (Naval Post Graduate School) and the Air
University (Maxwell AFB) Libraries mentioned in Greta Marlatt's 06/00 IO
bibliography -- Information Warfare & Information Operations (IW/IO). A
Bibliography, Documents, Theses & Technical Reports.

This is a snap-shot of where IO was five year ago. People who want to
flesh out a modern IO reading list please mail me (off-list) your URLs.

In a nutshell, there were many, many operationally unsophisticated and
more-dangerous-to-self-then-other ideas in these papers, in addition to
alot of "Revolution in Military Affairs (RMA) Wonder-Cruft, and a lot of
it was blatent fund-me stuff.

My two beads worth,
Eric