Sicily to Egypt undersea cable disruption

Rod Beck Rod.Beck at hiberniaatlantic.com
Fri Feb 1 22:42:02 UTC 2008

Well, when you have all these cables running through narrow straits or converging to the same stretch of beach, it does not strike me as at all extraordinary.

An important factor is cooperation. Is there cooperation between the fiber optic guys and fishing associations to minimize hits?

I would wager there is close to zero.

Roderick S. Beck
Director of European Sales
Hibernia Atlantic
1, Passage du Chantier, 75012 Paris
http://www.hiberniaatlantic.com
Wireless: 1-212-444-8829.
Landline: 33-1-4346-3209.
French Wireless: 33-6-14-33-48-97.
AOL Messenger: GlobalBandwidth
rod.beck at hiberniaatlantic.com
rodbeck at erols.com
``Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.'' Albert Einstein.