Sicily to Egypt undersea cable disruption

Rod Beck Rod.Beck at hiberniaatlantic.com
Fri Feb 1 18:16:24 UTC 2008

Of course, we all know the Mossad (Israeli secret services) and CIA did it as part of the global conspiracy against the Middle East and Third World ...

In recent years I have restrained myself, but from time to time the 'old Rod Beck' manages to evade the supervision of the Super Ego (presumably you know your Freudian psychology).

But seriously, double failures occur all the time. TAT-14 went dark for over 24 hours on December 28, 2003 when one cable was damaged and the switch of traffic to the other cable caused the second cable to experience a repeater failure.

Probability dictates that the improbable will happen given enough time. The improbable is unlikely, not impossible.

Roderick S. Beck
Director of European Sales
Hibernia Atlantic
1, Passage du Chantier, 75012 Paris
http://www.hiberniaatlantic.com
Wireless: 1-212-444-8829.
Landline: 33-1-4346-3209.
French Wireless: 33-6-14-33-48-97.
AOL Messenger: GlobalBandwidth
rod.beck at hiberniaatlantic.com
rodbeck at erols.com
``Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.'' Albert Einstein.