IPv6: IS-IS or OSPFv3

TJ trejrco at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 14:08:46 UTC 2008

>>> ... not to mention that fact that IS-IS is, IMHO, a much nicer IGP to
work with.

>> WRT that last sentence, that is an almost religious debate I was trying
>> avoid starting ... :)
>>
>Well IMHO it's a very important point to consider. This is a great chance
to switch your IGP, if you've ever wanted to. You *need* to

And that is what I tell people too - if you are looking to change (in either
direction (or others!), mind you), this could be an excuse / opportunity.

>deploy a new one anyways, so it's a great opportunity to see if you can
>simplify your network by migrating. Especially as OSPFv3 *isnt* the same
>as OSPFv2, so you will have to learn new things either way!

Well from a pragmatic/operational perspective OSPFv3 and OSPFv2 are "close
enough" that you would require _very_ little re-training.

>Oh, and I *am* in the process of organising a Crusade to wipe out those
>heretical OSPF supporters once and for all... ;)

Funny, that is how most ISIS proponents seem to feel - but without the
smiley!

/TJ