What to do when your ISP off-shores tech support

david raistrick drais at icantclick.org
Sat Dec 27 06:07:13 UTC 2008

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008, JF Mezei wrote:

> The problem with oursourced first level support is that they are totally
> disconnected from real time operations and wouldn't be aware of problems
> that network engineers are currently working on.

Not always true.  Our outsourced support in India were also our first
layer of network troubleshooting, and they monitored everything related to
the products they supported.    They were almost always the first to call
the engineers (in .us and .ca) to alert them of issues.

It's all about /what/ you hire them to do.....

...david

---
david raistrick        http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
drais at icantclick.org             http://www.expita.com/nomime.html