What to do when your ISP off-shores tech support

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Wed Dec 24 18:38:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 09:43:20AM -0800, Jay Hennigan wrote:
> Matthew Black wrote:
>> I've had difficulties reaching anyone with a brain
>> at my DSL provider Verizon California.
>
> Switch to a local ISP with local tech support.

Actually, and I know this kind of experience is really subjective, but
lately I have been getting better service from residents of India via
web-based chat tools than I have been getting from residents of the US
via telephone.  At the same company.

My impression as a customer is that only one of these two individuals
genuinely wanted to do or keep the job they were given, and desired to
do it well.

That's really what you should be looking for, locality is irrelevant.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/