What to do when your ISP off-shores tech support

Etaoin Shrdlu shrdlu at deaddrop.org
Wed Dec 24 18:01:07 UTC 2008

Randy Bush wrote:

> On 08.12.24 12:43, Jay Hennigan wrote:
>
>> Matthew Black wrote:
>>
>>> I've had difficulties reaching anyone with a brain
>>> at my DSL provider Verizon California.
>>
>> Switch to a local ISP with local tech support.

> bingo.

Uh, ditto? Having left SoCal a couple of years ago, my data is a bit
stale. However, I happily used XO+Covad in three separate locations (in
SoCal). DSLExtreme also has (or at least had) a good reputation. Verizon
sucks. In fact, since you are in the Long Beach area, they suck even
more than they do other places. Vote with your feet.

--
The histories of mankind are histories only of the higher classes.

Thomas Malthus