Gigabit Linux Routers

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Sat Dec 20 03:19:55 UTC 2008

It doesn't - It's just an x86 PC. I have Vyatta running inside VMware
ESX, not well, but it works ;-)

Comparing Imagestream and Vyatta to Juniper is crazy. The first two are
software based platforms (with perhaps some hardware off-load for
checksums and whatnot), where as the Juniper pretty much just uses BSD
for control-plane features (BGP, for example, and controlling the
hardware that actually does packet switching/routing).