Global Crossing SOC

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Wed Dec 17 22:02:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Fouant, Stefan wrote:

> While I understand where you are coming from and I completely agree, I
> think I should point out that the search pattern you generated actually
> produced an Press Release about Global Crossing's SOC implementing some
> ISO 9001:2000 certification.  At the bottom of the article it had Press
> "Contacts" within Global Crossing.  It didn't actually contain any
> useful contact information for any SOC personnel whatsoever...
>
> It's a moot point however, because I happen to agree with you that
> obtaining that information via nslookup is a more effective barrier at
> weeding out the less clueful.

I didn't want to spend too much time sorting out Google
searches ;) Anyhow, how do we get others to understand
the need for something like this (information via say
whois trickled from an nslookup on a netblock). That
would definitely be more productive than someone having
to contact abuse - which is highly likely going to
ignored/not remedied appropriately.

Would definitely be a plus for me if say I had someone
directly contact my SOC team for a security related
issue. Would save time for me and the caller. I see it
as a no brainer... Others will likely see it as "that's
what abuse is for"

Maybe Jared should start a SOC contact page or something
similar.

J. Oquendo
SGFA, SGFE, C|EH, CNDA, CHFI, OSCP

"Enough research will tend to support your
conclusions." - Arthur Bloch

"A conclusion is the place where you got
tired of thinking" - Arthur Bloch

227C 5D35 7DCB 0893 95AA  4771 1DCE 1FD1 5CCD 6B5E
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5CCD6B5E