UDP DoS mitigation?

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Fri Dec 12 18:33:59 UTC 2008

On Dec 13, 2008, at 2:27 AM, David Kotlerewsky wrote:

> 2. As far as hardware is concerned, we're in the same boat as far as
> various UDP/ICMP floods, and our Juniper M10i's handle it with no
> issues
> (running multiple BGP sessions, OSPF, firewall sets/access lists).

Right - a hardware-based platform is required to deal with high pps
rates (the Cisco equivalent is the ASR1000; I'm not familiar with
boxes from other vendors, but I'm pretty sure there are others in this
same class).

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // +852.9133.2844 mobile

      History is a great teacher, but it also lies with impunity.

                    -- John Robb