McColo and SPAM

Paul Kelly :: Blacknight paul at blacknight.com
Sat Dec 6 18:24:25 UTC 2008

The reason for that is our legit e-mail traffic pattern I guess. We probably see the same level of spam 24/7 but from 8am to 8pm GMT we'd get a lot of legit traffic from the few 100k pop3/imap/smtp users we have and as such you'd see the peaks and troughs caused by their usage.

Primarily they'd be Irish, but we'd have 10% or so in the UK/Rest of Europe aswell, so they'd fit in with the 8-8 peaks.

Paul

Paul Kelly
Technical Director
Blacknight Internet Solutions ltd