BGP Attack - Best Defense ?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Aug 29 22:57:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, Scott Weeks wrote:

> Restating my question differently:  If the attacker is announcing a /24
> of mine, I figure it out some how and I start announcing the same.
> What happens if the attacker doesn't stop?

You may as well announce both the same /24 and /25s if you can...though
those probably won't make it far.  If they hijack something less
specific than a /24, go one bit more specific than the rogue
announcement.

After that, try contacting the rogue ASN's upstreams.  After that?  See if
you can find a backhoe for hire?

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |