Force10 Gear - Opinions

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Aug 26 07:47:52 UTC 2008

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, Chris Riling wrote:

> I once worked at a place where we had BD 6808's at the core; one of them
> consistently had hardware issues, and it took me the better part of a
> year of fighting with Extreme to get them to replace the chassis, but
> when they did, the problems went away, imagine that. I suppose similar
> isolated incidents could happen with anyone occasionally though.

If you've worked long enough, you will have had everything happen to you.

I've had power supply problems where it was actually the SUP720-3BXL that
was the issue (discovered after first replacing PSU, then chassis, then
finally the SUP).

We have a GSR where we have replaced everything so far (including
chassis), problem still persists. What do to then? Ask to replace
everything again but do this in one bang?

Must be interesting to work as a TAC engineer, they must see a lot of
weird things.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se