Native v6 with Level(3)?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 05:33:41 UTC 2008

On 8/22/08, Kyle Murray <kyle at forest.net> wrote:
> Here is the response I got from L3 when I inquired about IPV6:
>
>  "The answer to your questions is "no", we have not yet inplemented IPV6 for
> our customers yet.  IPV4 is the de facto on our backbone nad alledge router
> on which customers connectc."
>
>  Poor spelling aside, it seems they have not implemented it yet.  If someone
> manages to get them to implement, I would really like to hear about it.

wow that is odd.. since stewart bamford has been off giving ipv6
deployment talks to various conferences (including this one:
http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0510/bamford.html )

maybe L3's support staff should check their internal documentation??
Slide 17 says: "Deployment completed Q3 2005"... so, they apparently
have it, can get it to you and do 6PE (or did 6PE a bit ago). Maybe
ask again and aim the nay-sayer to the nanog preso and ask them to
call stewart up directly?

-chris