OT: Again, sorry for the noise

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 19:22:46 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Joe Blanchard <joe at sumless.net> wrote:
> Hughes Net DNS issue. I am 72.169.156.122. Notice the Source is port 53,
> destination is 20xx.
> Because I am not a large company like McDonalds this apparently cannot be
> resolved.

wow that was a lot of really hard to read packet capture.. .maybe next
time just use tcpdump?? What exactly is the problem you are seeing and
one assumes you called your ISP for an attempted resolution? It seems
like your 122 host is spending a goodly amount of time making DNS
requests to .121, is .121 your default-gw + dns-server + dhcp-server ?
(and thus supposed to be getting this traffic?)

-Chris