Is it time to abandon bogon prefix filters?

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Mon Aug 18 08:51:20 UTC 2008

> for my own use, i use m4, python and perl, and peval()

m4 is a macro processor that you probably should not bother
learning since you can do everything that it does by using
Python and regular expressions, or one of the Python parsing
modules. For instance PLY supports conditional lexing and
start conditions which you need to change parsing rules
depending on which config section you are in. There is also
a package called ciscoconfparse which I don't know much
about http://ciscoconfparse.wiki.sourceforge.net/

peval() is part of the IRRToolSet which can be found here:
http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/sw/IRRToolSet/

--Michael Dillon