SMS hinkiness on AT&T?

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Thu Aug 14 12:39:10 UTC 2008

> As near as we could tell, AT&T doesn't support TAP, so we've been
> looking at alternatives (like a GSM modem).  However, if the problem is
> AT&T, I guess we might hold off.

Not sure what you are using, but the official TAP number I found seems
to always answer, but it does require that you have the enterprise
paging service on the phone (which is like 10 bucks). A search of
enterprise paging in AT&T's stuff gives you the info on TAP, as well as
the various internet protocol's supported (which I prefer with TAP as
fallback).

Jack