maybe a dumb idea on how to fix the dns problems i don't know....

list-nanog at pwns.ms list-nanog at pwns.ms
Sun Aug 10 22:01:13 UTC 2008

> But we only care about TCP connection setup time in *interactive*
> sessions (a human using something like the web). If you have a
> persistent connection to your dns server from your dns resolver on your
> browser machine, you just send the  request.... no TCP setup there at
> all. You can even pool connections. We do this stuff in LDAP all the time.

Again, if we can change the DNS protocol, then it's easy to solve.

Securing host->recursive name server is, at the moment, not an issue - each host is a small target, and often has little bandwidth available.  Furthermore, stopping IP spoofing of one's own hosts within one's networks is, well, not trivial, but not hugely difficult either.