maybe a dumb idea on how to fix the dns problems i don't know....

Chris Paul chris.paul at rexconsulting.net
Sun Aug 10 20:06:06 UTC 2008

brett watson wrote:
>> Hey authority DNS server operators. Can you make a change to your
>> servers to always allow TCP client connections? Would this be
>> difficult? What would be the harm?
>
> SYN flooding?

from your clients? We ways of knowing people on our local network are
doing this type of thing and turn them off at the switch today. Why are
you are doing dns recursion for people outside your network?

CP

--
Chris Paul
Rex Consulting, Inc
email: chris.paul at rexconsulting.net
web: http://www.rexconsulting.net
phone, direct: +1, 831.706.4211
phone, toll-free: +1, 888.403.8996

material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
Rex Consulting, Inc. is a California Corporation.

P Please don't print this e-mail, unless you really need to.