facebook worm

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri Aug 8 16:33:29 UTC 2008

Gadi Evron wrote:

> While I realize this mailing list is mostly about network operations and
> less about ISP operations, we had a discussion in the past where we have
> seen some in our community do use this information effectively and find
> it useful.

Thing is, I had already heard about the facebook worm via my other
sources of info (and a day earlier); same as anyone else who is paying
attention to such subjects did.

When info like this is spread across multiple lists/sites, the second
and subsequent times it is noise instead of signal.

I lurk on nanog because of what it focuses on.

Turning nanog into a rehash of digg's technology section or the front
page of news.com reduces nanog's utility.

--Patrick