Out of Date Bogon Prefix

Heather Schiller heather.schiller at verizonbusiness.com
Wed Aug 6 20:13:02 UTC 2008

Nick,

   You might want to take a closer look at who is really bogon filtering
you.  Emailing their upstream providers may not be the most effective
method for getting endsites to update their bogon filters.  They don't
have to listen to us when we forward your note on.  We can't force them
to accept traffic from you or update their filters.  As someone else
pointed out, directly contacting the folks who are filtering you may be
time consuming but typically draws the best results.

   I agree with the other comments that if you are going to use a form
letter please provide more details about the IP's you are using and your
ASN.  Please also pass this on to your colleagues Eric and Kevin, who
I've heard from lately :)

  --Heather

  Heather Schiller
  Customer Security