was bogon filters, now "Brief Segue on 1918"

Darden, Patrick S. darden at armc.org
Wed Aug 6 17:19:10 UTC 2008

Actually, rereading this, I agree.  My experience is large companies take it all, using huge swathes inefficiently, instead of doing it right.  In my previous post I was answering the question I thought you were asking, not your real question.

I agree with you both.

I think that RFC1918 Could work, if companies used it correctly....  Again, though, I have only run into one company that used it correctly.  IPV6, you are our only hope! (obiwan kenobi, you are our only hope!)

--p

Joel said

> How much of 10/8 and 172.16/12 does an organization with ~80k
> employees, on 5 continents, with hundreds of extranet connections to
> partners and suppliers in addition to numerous aquistions and the
> occasional subsidiary who also use 10/8 and 172.16/12 use?

Marshall said
In my experience, effectively all of it.