Out of Date Bogon Prefix

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed Aug 6 04:18:58 UTC 2008

On Aug 5, 2008, at 3:26 PM, Tim Sanderson wrote:

> Ya sure, like any of us would admit to 50% clue-ness.
>
> With all the posts here about bogons I would really be surprised
> that any nanog readers didn't know about keeping bogons updated.

I'd be shocked it there were no people who read NANOG and
misunderstood or blatantly ignored some of it.

Unfortunately, that means they would ignore / misunderstand the OP's
request.  But there is probably a small percentage clueless enough to
have stale bogon filters, but just clueful enough to realize what the
OP said might apply to them.  A very small percentage....

Switching topics only slightly: Nick, do you have any data on what
parts of the 'Net you can and cannot reach?  Perhaps take a dump of
route-views and ping some IPs in each ASN?  Shouldn't be hard to
script, and might yield useful data - both to you and the rest of us.

--
TTFN,
patrick