EFF tool to check bandwidth throttling

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Tue Aug 5 12:41:51 UTC 2008

On Aug 5, 2008, at 5:22 AM, Gadi Evron wrote:

> Story is here:
> http://www.webmonkey.com/blog/Switzerland%3A_EFF_Software_Helps_Track_ISP_Bandwidth_Throttling
>
> The tool is called... Switzerland.

Yes, the first time I read about it, I was well into the article
before I realized that they
were not talking about some new initiative in the Confoederatio
Helvetica, and stopped wondering if
the EFF had become a International Organization and John Perry Barlow
would no longer pay income taxes.

On a related note, Jason Livingood and Rich Woundy of Comcast were at
the recent IETF, particularly in the
the ALTO and TANA BOFs, where some progress was made I think. Jason
provided this link for insight into Comcast
Network Management Policy, which might be of interest here :

http://www.comcast.net/terms/network/

Regards
Marshall