[Nanog] ATT VP: Internet to hit capacity by 2010

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Fri Apr 18 21:45:12 UTC 2008

> If the cable operators put their broadcast content onto an access
> network multicast . . . Then how could they resell the same content to
> europe?

hello,

my biggest problem in understanding the ip6 / multicast concept is
" if  the whole internet were multicast enabled "  and there is no
unicast stream  would´nt this not
decrease_the_traffic_to_a_reasonable amount ??!!

regards

marc

-
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion
    without the discomfort of thought.
     -- John F. Kennedy, 35th US president

Les enfants teribbles - research and deployment
Marc Manthey -  Hildeboldplatz 1a
D - 50672 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-3558032
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231