Abuse response [Was: RE: Yahoo Mail Update]

William Herrin herrin-nanog at dirtside.com
Tue Apr 15 15:22:59 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Marshall Eubanks
<tme at multicasttech.com> wrote:
>  On Apr 15, 2008, at 10:31 AM, William Herrin wrote:
> > how do you propose to motivate qualified folks to keep
> > working the abuse desk?
>
>  That is a good question. (I feel sure that many actually doing the job
> would opt for a rise in pay.)
>  Maybe certain jobs should become apprentice-like positions
>  that you need to get through to rise in a networking organization.

Marshall,

There's a novel idea. Require incoming senior staff at an email
company to work a month at the abuse desk before they can assume the
duties for which they were hired.

My hunch says that's a non-starter. It also doesn't keep qualified
folks at the abuse desk; it shuffles them through.

Any other ideas?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--