Yahoo Mail Update

Frank Bulk - iNAME frnkblk at iname.com
Tue Apr 15 03:29:48 UTC 2008

Ross:

It seems like you're saying that there's no law when it comes to internet
best-practices, and that's true, there's very little legislated.  But
there's a lots of best practices out there that are definitely worth
following.  Unfortunately business decisions don't always align themselves
with the BCPs.

Yes, internet service providers and operators don't need to listen, but I
can't see how Yahoo's e-mail and abuse handling history arises out of good
business decisions.  Tell my users and tell the members of this list that --
we won't agree.

As posted elsewhere, delayed delivery queues are well-represented by Yahoo.
If an single operator dominates my 99% of delivery delay that's pretty close
to black and white for me.

72 hours to respond to e-mail sent to the abuse account?  That's much too
long -- it should be at least a 4 hour response time during business hours,
and for service providers and operators large enough to staff their network
24x7 for other reasons, 4 hour response time all the time.

Frank