Problems sending mail to yahoo?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Apr 14 15:50:18 UTC 2008

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008, Barry Shein wrote:

> For example, and it's only an example don't quibble the example,
> defining a list of return SMTP codes which are actually specific and
> meaningful like (let's assume they should be 5xx, maybe 7xx would be a
> better start? Policy failure codes)
>   [...]
> and so on, a taxonomy which could then at least be dealt with
> intelligently by sending MTAs and supporting software rather than each
> side cooking up their own stuff.

See RFC 3463. Unfortunately it doesn't help much to solve the problem it
was designed for. I ranted about this a while back...
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ima/current/msg00588.html

Tony.
BAILEY: NORTHWESTERLY 6 TO GALE 8, VEERING SOUTHEASTERLY 4 OR 5. MODERATE OR
ROUGH. RAIN OR SHOWERS, THEN FAIR. MODERATE OR GOOD.