Yahoo Mail Update

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Mon Apr 14 13:18:20 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 03:55:13PM -0500, Ross wrote:
> Again I disagree with the principle that this list should be used for
> mail operation issues but maybe I'm just in the wrong here.

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying, although perhaps I'm
not saying it very well.

What I'm saying is that operational staff should be *listening* to
relevant lists (of which this is one) and that operational staff
should be *talking* on lists relevant to their particular issue(s).
Clearly, NANOG is probably not the best place for most SMTP or HTTP
issues, but some of the time, when those issues appear related to
topics appropriate for NANOG, it might be.  The rest of the time,
the mailop list is probably more appropriate.

While I prefer to see topics discussed in the "best place" (where
there is considerable debate over what that might be) I think that
things have gotten so bad that I'm willing to settle for, in the
short term, "a place", because it's easier to redirect a converation
once it's underway that it seems to be to start one.

For example: the silence from Yahoo on this very thread is deafening.

---Rsk