Problems sending mail to yahoo?

Rob Szarka szlists at szarka.org
Sun Apr 13 19:17:31 UTC 2008

At 02:18 PM 4/13/2008, Barry Shein wrote:
>Is it abuse at domain or spam at domain or support at domain or
>postmaster at domain (very commonly used) or ???@domain. Who cares? But
>let's pick ONE, stuff it in an RFC or BCP and try to get each other to
>conform to it.

abuse at domain is *already* specified (in RFC 2142).

Granted, separating reports of email abuse from those for other forms
of abuse might be useful for large providers, but since we can't even
get many domains even to set up the already-specified abuse@ address,
much less read the mail we send to it, I'm not convinced that it
would help. OTOH, many email providers seem to think it's my job to
know what their internal organization is and re-route email to some
spam-specific email reporting address. While that is just rude and
ignorant behavior in my book, at least having a single standardized
address would be an improvement...