Yahoo Mail Update

Rob Szarka szlists at szarka.org
Sun Apr 13 17:00:18 UTC 2008

At 08:49 AM 4/13/2008, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
>There are other lists, far more relevant than spam-l or nanae.

Feel free to suggest some that you feel would be more appropriate or
effective.  Since reaching them via abuse at yahoo.com or any of their
published phone numbers doesn't seem to work, backchannels are all
that's left. (I do, however, subscribe to many lists and have yet to
notice a presence of clueful Yahoo people on any of them.)

>>Yahoo, for example, has chosen a business model (free email with
>>little to no verification) that inevitably leads to spam being
>>originated from their systems.
>
>So has hotmail, so have several of the domains that we host.

Indeed, and I didn't mean to imply that Yahoo was necessarily worse
than Hotmail (and several free email providers based outside the US,
as far as I can tell). The difference, as I'm sure you're aware, is
that some free email providers seem to care enough to minimize the
costs they impose on the rest of us by responding appropriately to
the inevitable abuse.