Yahoo Mail Update

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Sun Apr 13 16:39:49 UTC 2008

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Rob Szarka <szlists at szarka.org> wrote:
>>  True, though some aspects of mail service are inextricably tied to broader
>> networking issues, and thus participation here might still benefit them. But
>> sadly Yahoo doesn't even seem to participate in more relevant forums, such
>> as the spam-l list.
>
> There are other lists, far more relevant than spam-l or nanae.
>
> There's a way to present spam issues and mail filtering
> operationally.. and I see it all the time at MAAWG meetings, just for
> example.

MAAWG, is fine but the requirements for participation are substantially
higher than the nanog list.

> The issue here is that 90% of the comments on a thread related to this
> are from people who might be wizards at packet pushing, but cant
> filter spam.  Or on mailserver lists you might find people who can
> write sendmail.cf from scratch instead of building it from a .mc file
> and still dont know about the right way to do spam filtering.

People who have operational problems don't generally get to pick the
skillset they already have just because a problem appears, some
cognizance of that is surely in order.

If the discussion is headed further in the meta-direction we should take
it to futures.