Problems sending mail to yahoo?

Eric Esslinger eesslinger at fpu-tn.com
Thu Apr 10 21:50:44 UTC 2008

Edward B. DREGER wrote:
> FB> Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:48:52 -0500
> FB> From: Frank Bulk
>
> FB> Q> Does Yahoo! use "greylisting" to reject messages?
> FB> A> No.
> FB>
> FB> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/postmaster-05.html
>
> First-hand observations trump claims.
>

> Eddy
> --
> Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/
> A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - http://www.brotsman.com/
> Bandwidth, consulting, e-commerce, hosting, and network building
> Phone: +1 785 865 5885 Lawrence and [inter]national
> Phone: +1 316 794 8922 Wichita
> DO NOT send mail to the following addresses:
> davidc at brics.com -*- jfconmaapaq at intc.net -*- sam at everquick.net
> Sending mail to spambait addresses is a great way to get blocked.
> Ditto for broken OOO autoresponders and foolish AV software backscatter.

I see this 'not greylisting' and we are a fairly tiny operation (I had
about 20k outbound emails last week) and don't allow people to
autoforward email from our servers. I find that yahoo.com destined mail
stays in the queue for about 48 hours, with a 1,1,2,4,4,4,4,etc... hour
retry.

As I tend to peak at a couple of hundred mail in the queue when things
get busy, it's not a problem, but can see where it would be for larger
operators.

--
Eric Esslinger
Information Services Manager