Superfast internet may replace world wide web

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Mon Apr 7 15:32:15 UTC 2008

Glen Kent wrote:
> says the solemn headline of Telegraph.
>
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/06/ninternet106.xml

It is always good to see that journalists don't know that "Networks" are
also used for other purposes than their daily dose of nonsense (also
called the Internet or World Wide Web for the web-only portion etc)

> Also related to this one, here:
>
> "Web could collapse as video demand soars"
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/07/nweb107.xml
>
> .. and we in Nanog are still discussing IPv6! ;-)

The CERN LHC (Large Hadron Collider) is a nice toy. They had an Open Day
(http://lhc2008.web.cern.ch/LHC2008/index-E.html) yesterday, which was
really impressive. No more Open Days in the tunnel are planned for the
next couple of years, thus for everybody who missed it:

   http://gallery.unfix.org/2008/2008-04-06-cern-lhc/

Greets,
  Jeroen