"Does TCP Need an Overhaul?" (internetevolution, via slashdot)

charles at thewybles.com charles at thewybles.com
Mon Apr 7 15:19:15 UTC 2008

Thanks for sharing your test results Kevin. Most interesting. I am setting up a small test lab of a couple linux boxes myself to learn more about the various traffic shaping and TCP stack options.

Ill post my results here. I am primarily interested in local wireless network performance optimization vs long haul connects at least for now.

It would be interesting to see how the numbers change with a windows or linux box on one end and BSD on the other.

Also how did you simulate packet loss?

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile