rack power question, and a prediction about "direct heat removal" (DHR)

Kevin Blackham blackham at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 20:12:35 UTC 2008

Forgive if this is duplicate.  Too many posts in the various forks of
this thread to dig through them all.

http://www.troxaitcs.com/aitcs/products/co2_mcc/index.jsp
http://www.modbs.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/1735/The_next_generation_of_cooling__for_computer_rooms.html

"CO2 has the additional benefit that should a leak occur, it is
electrically benign. Imagine the consequences of a leak of water or
refrigerant. While a leak of CO2 could be a health-and-safety hazard,
the risk is minimised by CO2 detection as part of the system."