Hotmail NOC Contact

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 03:03:31 UTC 2008

What we did was to isolate our forwarding traffic out through a
separate set of IPs.

And then told Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL etc about the IPs.  They were very
glad to tag these as such in their filters

This was over three years ago, and admittedly, our email traffic is
rather higher (by orders of magnitude) than most but it is still a
good idea to isolate forwarding traffic and separate it from regular
outbound email.

Another advantage - monitor the mail queue of your forwarding IP and
it gives you a very nice little snapshot of what kind of spam is
slipping through your filters

srs