fiber switch for gig

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 15:37:39 UTC 2008

The HP ProCurve 3500/5400 range is working nicely for us.

The 3500 is a fixed format 24/48 port 10/100/1000 with 4
dual-personality SFP ports. You can slap a 10Gig expansion module in
the back. Around $3k/$6k for the 24/48 port

We prefer the 5406 chassis, as it is more flexible. Does consume more
space though.

We only run basic L2 stuff, although the unit supports L3.

Tim:>