[NANOG] Purpose of Internap's PNET AS22212

Brandon Palmer bpalmer at fxcm.com
Tue Apr 29 20:25:40 UTC 2008

They have a bunch of transit providers they use,  PNET is yet another path that they can use.  They have enough traffic that goes PNAP <--> PNAP that I presume it would be cheaper to use their own dark fiber or something than to keep paying the other transit providers.

>>> Thurber <ct at datagram.com> 4/28/2008 12:01 PM >>>
Can anybody shed some light on Internap's PNET AS22212? Specifaly how it
relates to their PNAP architecture?  Is Internap now doing peering? I was
under the impression that their entire business model was based around
isolated PNAPs and being a backboneless provider. Attempts at getting an
explanation from Internap have been fruitless.

CT