[NANOG] Level3 not honoring Broadwing contracts?

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Tue Apr 29 12:17:34 UTC 2008

Even if the provision Randy desribes isn't written in there, there is a
fair amount of law that supports it.  IANAL, but basically you can't
agree to something like a price change you have no idea of in advance,
so you can't agree to a 3-year term on it, (or 18 months) in advance.

But as a practical matter, if they gave you 30 days to leave, you
probably wouldn't sue them anyway... 3 years in litigation for damages
you could easily (in most cases) avoid won't win you anything.

But if you are looking for Level 3 to make any sense, you are going to
be waiting a long, long, long time with the rest of us.

They have never successfully "sold" much in their brief history. They
have successfully acquired lots, and lots, and lots of revenue and then
burned it off fabulously quickly. And there isn't even much value in
short selling their shares.... alas.

My $0.02,

DJ