[NANOG] support.microsoft.com?

Ben O'Hara bohara at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 13:25:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Colin Alston <karnaugh at karnaugh.za.net>
wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed strange things with support.microsoft.com?
>
> If I wget it ('http://support.microsoft.com/') from anywhere, I get an
> index.html fine.
>
> If I use lynx, I get gibberish (gzipped content, without a correct header)
>
> If I use Firefox or IE behind some Squid proxies in certain places, it
> doesn't understand the content either.
>
> Looks like either they are not correctly encoding the content based on
> browser capabilities.

We had a problem this morning accessing it via a squid proxy, worked fine
direct but not via squid.

Fixed it with a

# Fix support.microsoft.com by removing Accept-Encoding header
acl support.microsoft.com dstdomain support.microsoft.com
header_access Accept-Encoding deny support.microsoft.com

Ben

--
Internet Explorer is a program that allows you to access the Internet. And
vice versa.