[Nanog] ATT VP: Internet to hit capacity by 2010

Frank Bulk - iNAME frnkblk at iname.com
Tue Apr 22 01:35:45 UTC 2008

I've found it interesting that those who do Internet TV (re)define HD in a
way that no one would consider HD anymore except the provider. =)

In the news recently has been some complaints about Comcast's HD TV.
Comcast has been (selectively) fitting 3 MPEG-2 HD streams in a 6 MHz
carrier (38 Mbps = 12.6 Mbps) and customers aren't happy with that.  I'm not
sure how the average consumer will see 1.5 Mbps for HD video as sufficient
unless it's QVGA.

Frank