WG Action: Conclusion of IP Version 6 (ipv6)

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Fri Sep 28 04:32:29 UTC 2007

>> o nat-pt with standardized algs for at least dns, smtp, http, sip,
>> and rtp -->> This is on my top 3 hot topics. And make it works both
>>  way, v4 to v6 and v6 to v4. And also don’t call it NAT-PT. That
>> name is dead.
> For what it is worth, this is one of the things that I want to do.

i took you at your word the other month, so stopped worrying about
motivating it.  as far as getting it through the ivtf, well, that ain't
my job any more.  i gave at the office.  thank you for accepting the burden.

> I don't want to give you an impression that NAT-PT++ will solve all
> the IPv6 transition issues

heck no.  but it will enable folk to have v6-almost-only (except for one
ipv4 address) sites in a dual stack and mostly v4 world.  it will allow
end site transition.

randy