WG Action: Conclusion of IP Version 6 (ipv6)

Jari Arkko jari.arkko at piuha.net
Fri Sep 28 04:25:11 UTC 2007

Randy, Alain,

>     o nat-pt with standardized algs for at least dns, smtp, http, sip, and
>     rtp
>

> -->> This is on my top 3 hot topics. And make it works both way, v4 to
> v6 and v6 to v4.
> And also don’t call it NAT-PT. That name is dead.

For what it is worth, this is one of the things that I want
to do. I don't want to give you an impression that NAT-PT++
will solve all the IPv6 transition issues; I suspect dual stack
is a better answer. But nevertheless, the IETF needs to
produce a revised spec for the translation case. Fred and
I are organizing an effort to do this.

Jari